Recipe: Rouses Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Recipe courtesy Chef Nino/ Rouses Markets
MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - We are back in the Studio10 kitchen with Chef Nino from Rouses. Today he is cooking up some cinnamon swirl bread.
- 1⅓ cups white sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and set aside.
2. Mix together ⅓ cup of the sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In a third small bowl combine egg, milk and oil; after mixing together, add to flour mixture in large bowl. Stir until just moistened.
5. Pour ½ of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with ½ of the reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
6. Draw a knife through batter to marbleize it.
7. Place pan in preheated oven, and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Rd., Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.